Thursday, July 8, 2010

the truth

You meet some of the neatest people as you walk this earth. I count myself lucky to have met many characters along the way, people that just can't help but shape your life and add a little bit of themselves to all around them.

One fun character to have sauntered on stage in recent months is a nice young man (I'll bet he hates me calling him that, but ya gotta give an old lady her dues) named Mike Jackson.

Mike is one of the co-owners of Windy Sport & Fitness right here in River City, I mean College Station. Windy is the gym where Little Man takes his Muay Thai Boxing classes. And where my better half and I go to die in Cardio Kick Boxing class several days a week. You might also remember my good friend, Jermaine, from Windy Sport & Fitness fame.

ANYWAY .... back to Mad Mike. Or rather ... Mike "the Truth" Jackson. Mr. Truth himself consented to step in front of my lens and, as I suspected, we had a lot of fun!

Our friend "the Truth" is an amateur MMA/muay thai fighter. His last bout was a split decision loss to area champion at Legacy Muay Thai 2 in Houston, Texas. Mike took the fight on short notice but still gave the champ all he was worth for 3 very action packed rounds. I didn't get to see the fight live, but I really enjoyed the webcast on Mike's website: www.mikethetruth.com

So ... without further delay ... here's a quick look at some of the fun we had with the camera at Windy on a Monday evening (which seems so long ago already):



I'll be playing with Mike's pictures for quite a while to come (along with the rest of the staff at Windy), so come back and look for more in the near future! And check out Mike's website. He's got a lot of fun stuff there!

1 comments:

JD July 8, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Some of your best work... I'm in awe.


I am so proud of you, girl!!

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP