Monday, May 3, 2010

MMA

Hey Gang ... most people think of MMA as 'mixed martial arts' and they're not wrong, but in my book it also stands for the 'Mazing Mr. Anugwom!

Mr. A here is one of those true mixed martial artists. He studies (& teaches) a variety of martial arts including Krav Maga, Capoeira, kick boxing, and more. Each member of our family has had the opportunity to study under Mr. A. Right now, he's leading the torture sessions (aka 'cardio kick boxing' class) we're taking at his new gym, Windy Sport and Fitness here in College Station. This is the same gym where our boy is studying Muay Thai. In fact, he punches and kicks his way through his muay thai class while his dad and I sweat our way through cardio kick boxing 3 days a week. Hopefully we'll all come out leaner and meaner for the effort.

But we're here to talk about Mr. A! He's a good friend and a good sport and volunteered to jump in front of my lens for a couple of hours last week. I've always been interested in this kind of photography, but never really had the chance to try my hand. Mr. A is very photogenic and was keen to try just about anything that interested me for this shoot. He even did so after hurting his foot the night before (dang training is ALWAYS getting in the way). Despite the swollen foot, we had a fun couple of hours and came up with some of THESE goodies:





I hope that he is as pleased with the results as I am. And I hope that there will be many more opportunities for photos as his new gym takes off!

0 comments:

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP