Monday, May 10, 2010

a magic moment

This week's theme at I *heart* Faces is "Celebrating Mom." As I am usually _behind_ the camera, I'll admit that I don't have many pictures of me and my little guy. But that's OK. I have plenty of other ways to record our memories together. Like the beautiful poem he wrote for me at school or the lovely zinnia we planted in the garden this weekend.

SO ... for the 'Celebrating Mom' challenge this week, I decided to celebrate my mom's mom! My Memaw. Great Memaw to my boy. She's truly worth celebrating, folks. I have been blessed with the world's greatest grandmothers, let me tell you. And my mom's mom truly takes the cake. She's this tiny little spitfire of a woman. Full of 'vim & vigor' you might say. And it doesn't matter how many years have passed by, she is still very full of life and laughter. And she ALWAYS has a kiss for the grandkid (or great-grandkid) willing to crawl into her lap.

This is my special boy with his equally special Great Memaw:


Aren't they just too sweet together?! Makes me tingle in all the right ways. I love seeing them together. I love hearing them laugh together (she gets his 8 year old humor like no other). I am so blessed that he will always have these memories of her. It's something we will always be able to share.

I love you, Memaw!!!

Now hop on over to I *heart* Faces and celebrate Moms with everyone over there!


14 comments:

Anonymous May 10, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

OMGosh, how sweet! :)

Evette Mendisabal May 10, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

SO sweet!

Kori May 10, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

That is absolutely precious!!!

shauna May 10, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

Awwwww!

SarahinSC May 10, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

Oh my! I LOVE this pic!So darn precisous!

Unknown May 10, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

I just love meemaw! She is so magically pretty. I love every wrinkle. That picture is pure perfection. I think grandparents are the most special sorts of people!

Amanda Rooney May 10, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

Oh how sweet!! I love the age in grandma and the innocence of the boy!

ComplyKated May 10, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

absolutely priceless.

Marina May 11, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

this is so tender and you will cherish it forever. this is what photography is all about!

Tara May 11, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

Love this tender picture!

ellen kauffman May 11, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

awww... that's precious!

Jamie Pearson May 12, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

This makes me think of my great grandma what a precious picture

Wendhy Jeffers Photography May 13, 2010 at 5:52 AM  

What a precious moment. I love it!

sharon@lovely bud May 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

it is impossible for me to express how much i love this photo!

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP