Monday, May 17, 2010

just for me

this week's theme at I *heart* Faces is called "Faces & Flowers."

Like many of the female persuasion ... I just love flowers. I love the way they look. I love the way they smell (most of the time). I love watching them bloom. I love it when they sway in the wind.

I've mentioned it before, but Spring is a seriously short season here in Texas. Already the blue bonnets have gone to seed. The butter cups and Indian paint brushes have faded away. And only a few sunflowers remain roadside.

Sure, there are beautiful gardens throughout town. And the TAMU campus stays in radiant bloom all year long. But those semi-natural roadside nuseries have all but faded away. [Note: I said 'semi-natural' since most county and State offices actually seed the roadsides. I'm not complaining though. One of the best ways my tax dollars are spent, if you ask me. ;+) ]

So with that in mind, I don't take even the smallest bud for granted. Last year, right about this time, on our daily walk home from school, my little sweet heart surprised me with a fist full of flowers he picked ... JUST FOR ME!



What more could a mom ask for (except the moment or two to grab the camera to make sure that this bouquet lasts for ever)?!

When I look at this photo, not only can I recall the sweet scent of the blooms, but also the warm (& yes, humid) breeze blowing. I can hear my boy declare "just for you, Momma!" as he proudly presented his find. And I can still see the proud grin he wore as we found a vase and the PERFECT spot on the table to display them.

Just for me.

What can I say? It sure feels good to be me sometimes.

Now ... why don't we all hop on over to to see what else is blooming this week!

12 comments:

Penelope May 17, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Great picture! I love his expression!!

Scout May 17, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

haha. What a face!

Buckeroomama May 17, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

Flowers from a sweet boy to his mommy... What more could you ask for indeed? I love it! :)

Janelle Lorenzen May 17, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

Great capture! This is one to treasure.

Kathy Campbell May 17, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Awwww, what a cute wink!

Christina May 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

Great photo! I love it when my little boy picks flowers for me too. And I'm a Tx girl too, so I hear you about the blue bonnets...they were beautiful while they lasted this year!

Unknown May 17, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

Aww :) How sweet of him! Great picture and memory keeper!

Unknown May 17, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

Very cute! I love the wink!

Maggie May 17, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Adorable!!!

Brooke May 17, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

Wonderful entry! I love to think of a young boy giving a mom some flowers he just picked.

J May 17, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

that's so sweet! Kids have a great way of making mommy's feel special, don't they? Love the picture!

Trisha May 17, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

One of the best entries yet! Love it!

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP