Wednesday, June 2, 2010

design therapy

It's been a tough couple of weeks at my 'day job.' Things have slowed down a bit, but I still find myself in need of some unwinding. My first reaction is to reach for the chocolate (I'm a long confessed comfort eater *sigh* and my waistline shows it). But at the moment there is none at hand. Retail therapy sometimes works, but I don't really have the opportunity to indulge in this little comfort.

So what's a girl to do?

I've been pouring over my old photos. That never hurts. But today ... today I want to do more than look. I want to PLAY!

My baby (who would not like me calling him my baby) just successfully completed his belt test for the first stripe on his green belt at judo. Can you say 'proud Momma' boys & girls? :+) I *am* proud of him. He pours his heart into all that he does and judo is no exception. He has studied hard for the past 3 years to reach this rank. And with this test he is currently the highest ranked student in the kids' class (we've had some older, higher ranked kids move on). I'd say that deserves a little recognition. So I came up with this:



Can you feel my pride when you look at this? What about in this snapshot my better half grabbed after the belt test?



AHHHHHHH. That feels better now.

But I still want to play!

So I moved on to the photos of my friend Mr. MMA. He gave me free reign to play with the photos I took of him. So that gives me a great big source of material with which to play. Here's my latest effort on that front:



I still have an overwhelming urge to sit and play with the many photos stacking up on my hard drive. But I'm afraid real work is once again calling. At least I've found a calorie free way to blow off some steam.

1 comments:

JD June 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Like you, working on photos, or writing, takes me away like a calorie free piece of chocolate... except better. :o)

Love looking through the photos, especially love the last one -- that really stands out and "pops"!!


Love you, my friend!

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP