Monday, June 7, 2010

rescue me

This week's theme at I *heart* Faces is play. The very first photo I thought of when reading the theme was this one:



This is my little dude, a few years back, when his favorite thing in the whole wide world was to be a Super Hero. The play was non stop, as was the flow of his imagination. It didn't matter if he was saving the world from some imagined terror or just rescuing me from the daily doldrums, Super Dude was always on the job, 24/7/365. MY HERO!

I look at this photo and I realize that a part of me will ALWAYS see this face when I think of my boy. He's much bigger now and has different avenues for his imagination, but he's still my favorite Super and he's STILL rescuing me on a daily basis ... sometimes from the blues, sometimes from the pile of work in my in-box, and sometimes even from the chores waiting to be done (he's quite the little helper, let me tell ya).

Thank you Super Dude. Now and always.

Now ... let's all fly over to and see who else is playing today!

21 comments:

Unknown June 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Such a cute little Super Hero!

Mandy H. June 7, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

love him!!!

Kelly C. June 7, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

Super Heros are the BEST!!!... LOVE this shot!

Jessica June 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Wonderful shot!!!

4 Lettre Words June 7, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

That is darling! Love it.

Laura June 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

What a great shot!! Very cute and the angle is perfect. I love it! :)

Natalie June 7, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Super dude can rescue me any time! What a cutie pie!!

Amy June 7, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

What an adorable SUPER. Great photo.

Anonymous June 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

Super dudes are the best! I remember when my little one insisted that wearing a gold lame cape to town was ideal!

Unknown June 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Look at your little super hero! What a sweetie! Such a great picture.

Anonymous June 7, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Too cute! Love that he is such a Super Hero to you. Loved your little write-up.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Misty June 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Love the composition...and the adorable super hero!

Stephanie @ BizzieMommy June 7, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Adorable super dude.

Buckeroomama June 7, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

All our little ones are superheroes... they have the super power to bring joy (and mayhem!) to our lives. :) Great shot!

Bunch of Barrons June 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

So cute! :) Great shot!

TidyMom June 8, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

What a super cute shot!! AWESOME!

SBSAKE Photography June 8, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

I love it!! We have made a few different styles of glasses around here, including harry potter looking ones.

tiarastantrums June 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

I remember those days - we were a SpiderMan boy!

Unknown June 8, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

SUPER cute super hero! My son loves to play super hero too, except usually he wants a cape. Maybe we'll have to try a mask next time!

Unknown June 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

I love this in Black and White! What a cutie! They do rescue us, don't they?

danette June 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

He's adorable :)

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP