Tuesday, April 26, 2011

the Bully Princess

meet the Bully Princess ... aka Tori ... aka D.O.G.



This week's theme over at I *heart* Faces is Pets and that got me to thinking about my brindle bully girl.

We've had a handful of pets through our married years. And, of course, I had plenty growing up as well. Most of them dogs (with the occasional cat, fish, or bird thrown in). And every one of them has been special to me/us.

But I don't think I've ever had a pet as truly affectionate as this wild and woolly canine. This girl is a true yin & yang kinda dog. She can be the most tightly wound ball of energy you've ever encountered (especially in the 30 minutes prior to feeding time), but she's also the most ridiculous couch potato to settle onto the cushions.

I think she sleeps 20+ hours a day. But she makes her waking moments count - patrolling her yard for bunnies and birds, making sure the family is safe and sound and where she thinks we ought to be (read: on the couch or floor scratching her tail, preferably), and scrounging for any crumbs that might have escaped our notice.

It's a busy life, I s'pose. But she takes it (mostly) in stride.

She's our bully princess. And we love her dearly.

Now ... in true Tori fashion ... why don't you waddle on over to and see all of the other fabulous furry faces!

9 comments:

~Marla April 26, 2011 at 8:41 AM  

What an adorable face.

Penelope April 26, 2011 at 8:55 AM  

Great photo to capture her "smile"!

Flyss April 26, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

Awww she sounds like a real sweetheart, great capture!

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective April 26, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

Such a beautiful face!

Krista Sparkman Photography April 26, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

What a beauty!!

Melissa April 26, 2011 at 8:01 PM  

Precious!!

Sadie April 26, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

She is toooo cute! Love that face!

Christy M April 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

You can see the personality in that face! She is adorable!

Calvin April 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM  

Great capture of a pretty princess!

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP