Friday, April 22, 2011

P52 - Week 16

Look! I'm posting on-time this week!!! Don't faint!

This week has found me SICK (w/ a capital S). And as such, I have not spent much time with my camera. However, I did take it out a few nights ago to capture my version of a purple heart:



These lovely purple slices come from purple potatoes. If you haven't had them yet, go straight to your grocer and demand that they start carrying them!

Potatoes are one of the few veggies that regularly find their way to our table. All 3 of us enjoy them in a variety of preparations. However, we admit that they are not at the top of the scale when it comes to nutritional value. Often, we'll trade out our trusty Russets for yams, but our young man doesn't find that nearly as appealing.

Enter the purple spud.

This little beauty has the texture of your garden variety fingerling potato but got a bump up in the nutrient count! BINGO!

I snatch them up whenever our local stores stock them. My favorite preparation is to slice them, spray w/ olive oil, and dust on spices (cajun spices for me and Carlos, sea salt and garlic for Logan), then broil until crispy (about 10 minutes).

0 comments:

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP