Monday, November 22, 2010

Polar Bear Facts

The theme this week at I Heart Faces is paper and as soon as I read that theme, I thought of this photo.



This was taken in the spring of Logan's kindergarten year. They were studying polar bears and on the back of a drawing of a polar bear's paw, he wanted to list a bunch of facts so he would never forget them.

Did you know that ... ?
polar bears eat seals [you probably knew that]
polar bears can swim for 60 miles [you MIGHT have known that]
polar bear cubs play [I'm guessing you could have known that too]
polar bears make dens in the snow [probably a given]
polar bears use their claws to slap seals [again, one you likely knew]
polar bear cubs roll snow balls [come on, did you REALLY know that?]


I'll bet there is at least one thing there you didn't know. ADMIT IT!

This picture tugs at my heart in ways it's hard to verbalize. My boy looks at once so big and so small (compared to now). Looking at this photo, I see the exuberant kid he was back then and the focused young man he is today. The scribbled words on this sheet of manilla paper are tucked safely in a scrapbook for generations to come. But the pride and joy that swell within me are carried deep in my heart and will remain one of the lasting images of my boy's early school years.

Now, hop on over to so you can see what other kinds of paper people are showing off today!

5 comments:

Sadie November 22, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

I remember this picture! I love it! I didn't know some of those facts! TFS!

Christine November 22, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

He looks very intent on his writing, nice photo!

Glennda November 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

Great picture, love the tongue!

Four Jordans November 22, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

Too cute. I love the look of determination on his face. :)

Rachel @ Simple Girl November 22, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

I love the tongue sticking out! I think my 13-year old son still does that! Black and white is perfect!

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP