Monday, November 15, 2010

a fine fall afternoon

Fall in Texas is a fleeting season. Personally, I start dreaming of fall around August each year. It is the thought of those first few cool fronts that help me make it through the sweltering days of August. This year in particular, fall has been not much more than a tease; a mirage just out of reach. And each time I thought for sure we had seen the last of the 90 degree days (with humidity to match), I was quickly brought back to the reality of living in Texas.

You can imagine my delight then when an honest to goodness cool front blew in to College Station the first week of November. And to celebrate that fresh breath of fall air, my good friend S brought her oldest out to the park for a little photo fun. J is a wonderful young man and it pleases me to no end that my boy values his friendship with J almost as much as I do my relationship with his mom. I had to laugh a bit as we strolled through the park on that beautiful fall afternoon. J is so comfortable in front of the camera, so relaxed and willing to try just about thing I could think up. And, perhaps because his mom is not quite such a fanatic about her camera, J didn't once roll his eyes at me or refuse to smile or do any of the things a photographer's kid often does when forced in front of the lens once more.

See for yourself what a natural J is in front of the camera! I love photographing people like J. They make this stuff FUN!







Thanks J (& you too S) for joining me on this fine fall afternoon! Let's do it again .... SOON! Especially if we can order up another fine fall afternoon like this one!

1 comments:

Sadie November 17, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

LOVE these GiGi! I haven't seen these yet! My fav is the one in the b&w collage, the middle one on the top row! GREAT job!

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP