Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolutions

Happy Thanksgiving! Merry Christmas! And a Happy New Year!

Whew! Now that we've got that out of the way ... HOWDY everyone!

I know, it's been a while. And as I am full of excuses, I do have a fairly reasonable explanation. Honestly!

Mid-November we decided the time had come to update our little home. So carpet was removed along with several stubborn areas of tile. We pushed all of our belongings to one side of the house and attempted to live on top of one another while the work began on the other side of the house. As soon as the dust cleared, the tile was down, & the paint fumes subsided, we shifted to the opposite side of the house and did the dance all over again.

In the end, we ended up with what felt like a whole new home for the holidays. Wanna see???



It was .... interesting ... squeezing into only a portion of the house at a time in order to keep the work flowing, but it was worth it to have everyone and everything cleared by the time Christmas rolled around.

But all of that is history now and it's time to kick off a new year! Can I get a 'whoop!'?

I don't know about you guys, but I am very excited to see what 2011 is going to bring!

And for my part, I want to make sure that 2011 includes a renewed dedication to learning and growing as a photographer and designer. To help me with this resolution, I am starting (this very week) a Project 52. That is, I am committing to posting at least one new photo and/or collage a week for the entire 12 months of 2011. I am hoping that will keep things trucking along here on this little blog as well as help me stretch and grow in my skills.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my first P52 post!

1 comments:

Sadie January 6, 2011 at 1:19 PM  

Can't wait to see what your 52 brings for you! I am going to do one as well. Gotta get creative though!!!!

Your house looks great! YAY for re-doing everything!

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP