Friday, October 7, 2011

P52 - Week 40



I thought about making this a wordless post, but that's just not my style, I guess.

This photo was taken earlier this week, on the morning my boy turned 10 years old. TEN years old. When did THAT happen? I'm sure I don't have a clue!

This photo reminds me to breathe in and out. It reminds me that the sun keeps on rising each day in the East, as surely as it sets each evening in the West. And those days keep on ticking past until a decade has gone by and your baby is almost the same size as you are.

And despite the fact that I do miss those baby days, this photo reminds me that it's all happening the way it is supposed to happen, that some day he too may be standing on his own back porch watching the world continue to turn as his child stirs on the anniversary of the day they were born. And maybe he too will wonder what the next 10 years will bring, as I did for him this October morning.

0 comments:

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP