Tuesday, February 15, 2011

new look

This week's theme at I *heart* Faces is Red, in honor of Valentine's Day and the Go Red for Women campaign through the American Heart Association (which raises awareness about heart disease in women).

I really like the color red. It's such a vibrant and vivacious color. When I wear red, it makes me feel alive, passionate, and full of energy. I tend to save my red attire for special occasions.

But that is not the case for my boy. He loves the color red and finds ways to bring it into his daily routine. From the bright red gummy fruit treats he loves to munch on to his beloved Houston Rockets slippers that he dons after bath each night, red is an identifying color of my young man.

Recently, he added some new red items to his life - namely his new soccer team's uniform. This season, Logan is playing with the Dallas Texans Aggieland U9 Developmental Academy and, as you have probably guessed from my build up, their uniforms are a rather bright shade of red.

To get him stoked and ready to kick off his new season in style, we decided a few pics in the new duds were in order.







I think he wears it pretty well (not that I'm biased or anything). Let's hope it helps him find all the extra energy and exuberance to make this his most fun soccer season yet.

Now ... don't forget to click on over to and see all the other displays of red this week!

2 comments:

Brad February 15, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

I love the "I'm humoring you" smile in the first one.. the second one is very clever.

Our Family February 17, 2011 at 1:48 PM  

Thanks Brad! that means a lot coming from you. :+)

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP