Wednesday, October 27, 2010

mi familia

You've probably picked up on it by now, but there is nothing more important in this world to me than my family. Mi familia. Even just taking a moment to think about my boys is enough to bring a smile to my face. Glancing at a picture of the 2 of them together, laughing, playing, will settle my heart rate and lower my pressure. I'm an incredibly blessed person to have them in my life.

Gushing. I know. You should be used to that by now, right?

So ... where is this going? Well ... I'll tell ya ....

We had a kinda quick need for some family photos. Our first impulse was to just set up at home and try to get us ALL involved ... mom, dad, boy, and dog. Emphasis on dog. D.O.G. (can you tell her name is still mud with me?) *sigh* What's that old saying about the road to hell? ANYWAY ... good intentions or not, family pictures with D.O.G. did not materialize. And the whole experience left us feeling pretty flat.

But we needed our pictures. Take 2.

This time we abandoned the idea of including D.O.G. After the disastrous efforts of the night before, none of us felt up to trekking across town to our favorite photo spots, so we decided to explore our own little neighborhood to see what we could find. I'm so pleased to say that we were NOT disappointed this time around. We really do live in a pretty little subdivision with lots of great places to snap a pic or two.

Now that the assignment for which the photos were needed is complete, I had a little time to play around with a few of my favorites from the day.



I'll admit it. I love seeing us all together (even if it means sprinting back and forth from the tripod hoping I beat the timer - I really need to think about a remote). It warms my heart and gives me a visual remind of the things that truly matter to me. I've already got some of these photos up in my office and already they have made the place more like home.

Here are a few more from the whole experience (minus the ones with D.O.G. ... I just can't face those right now):











That's my family. My world. My life.

1 comments:

Sadie October 27, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

GREAT photos! Love the first two! Good job! YAY for finding new spots!

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP