Thursday, August 19, 2010

better than caffeine

What do YOU do when you need to stay awake?

Personally, I like a steady supply of ice-cold caffeine disguised as a Dr. Pepper. I can't stomach coffee. Love the smell of the stuff, but hate the way it tastes. And I'm afraid the caffeine isn't as easily absorbed by the body through the olfactory system.

Dr. Pepper certainly tickles my taste buds better than a cup of Joe, but it's got an awful lot of empty calories that go along with it (& goodness knows I don't need THAT).

So what's a gal supposed to do when she's monitoring a seriously long running job through the wee hours of the morning and needs to stay awake?

Well ... this girl opens up Photoshop and hunts up new ways to play with pictures! I've been terribly remiss on photographing my own family this summer due to work schedules. But last Friday I took off a few hours and lugged my camera to my boy's Muay Thai kick boxing class. I got a few snaps I liked, so each night this week when I needed to keep my mind from drifting off into La-La Land, I tried playing around with some new designs.

and THIS is what I came up with:




and

I have another late night tonight (& maybe the next night as well).

Who KNOWS what I'll have to show for it afterward!

0 comments:

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP