Monday, March 29, 2010

the big dance

OK ... it wasn't exactly March madness, but it WAS the National Collegiate Judo Association Championships. And this spring, it was hosted right here at Texas A&M University! (whoop!)

The TAMU Judo club has had quite the successful presence in the NCJA over the past 20 years are so. I've had the pleasure of training with many of the team (we share a couple of instructors) and it was a true pleasure to get to see the team compete.

But to up the fun this year, I was asked to put together a poster for the team to hang around campus and around the tournament site. Some of the pictures featured are mine from previous tournaments and some were sent to me from Sensei Bob (head coach and instructor for the TAMU Judo Team). I was thrilled with the final look and I wanted to share it with you here.


NOTE: all copyright images & logos provided with permission. There was no compensation for the production of this flyer or its use.

The tournament was a BLAST! We got to see many of the country's top judo players. You can bet I will be looking for some of them at the next Olympics. :)

And to top off the day, the TAMU team had a strong finish in the NCJA Final Point Ranking. Novice Women finished in 2nd place. Novice Men finished in 2nd place. Men Standard division ranked 4th. And Women Standard division ranked 6th.

Congrats to these awesome athletes! They train hard while balancing school, work, and all those other fun things that come with college life. And to top it off, they set a great example for my boy and all the other kids looking up to them - dreaming of the day they might represent their school and maybe even some day, their country.

To finish off this post, I want to share a few of my favorite photos from the tournament.








Congrats again, Ags!

0 comments:

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP