Friday, October 21, 2011

P52 - Week 42

This week I want to share a photo with you that is all about the motion.



I find it hard to get the right amount of motion in a picture (usually displayed by blur). Too much and it's just another out of focus shot. Too little and you lose the impact that motion adds to the shot.

This is one of those shots where I think I at least came close to maintaining a proper balance. My main subject is the young man in blue (our dear friend AJ). Most of his body is in focus. His surroundings (the mat, the mirror, the flags) are all pretty crisp. But the other young man, the one about to hit the mat, is all a blur.

Judo is actually a pretty fast sport. Motion comes in quick bursts. Many is the time that I miss it all together. While other times I completely freeze the moment. I don't mind the complete freeze, but there are times when just the right amount of blur has a much greater impact.

I love this shot since it captures an exact moment while still managing to imply the velocity at which things move. I hope you will too.

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP