Friday, March 4, 2011

P52 - Week 9

Another week without much time behind my favorite lens, but I did manage to catch a few shots here and there.

My favorite from this week is one that definitely falls outside of my comfort zone. These days, we make a weekly drive about an hour and a half south of here for the boy's soccer game. Each week, I soak up the countryside we pass and think how fun it would be to just stop and take a few shots here and there. But I never do. There's always so much traffic. And it seems we're always in a hurry... to make it to the game on time or to get back home where we can all relax. It just never seems like a good time.

But then it hit me ... it's never going to be a 'perfect time' so I might as well just make the most of the time I do have. On the drive to the game, I scouted the return route for signs of something 'stop worthy.' I actually had a pretty long list, but in the end, I settled on a pair of run down buildings between Navasota and Hempstead. Something about them just called to me. And of the two, this one was my favorite:



I can't put my finger on the exact quality that drew me to this shot. Maybe it was the fine sprig of red buds trailing across the facade of the building. Maybe it was the reminder that this was once all farm land, but less and less of that is seen even here in Texas these days. Or maybe something in that rusted metal roof. I just don't know. But it spoke loud enough for me to pull the car onto the shoulder and step out of my comfort zone ... if only for a few moments. I'm glad I listened to that call.

1 comments:

JD March 4, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

Those are the kinds of photos that speak to my heart the most... beauty underneath what most of the world wouldn't give a second glance.

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP