Thursday, March 17, 2011

P52 - Week 11

This week is spring break 'round these parts. And while I've had to work most of the week, I decided to take off half a day on Monday to run some errands and spend some time w/ my little man. I even bribed him w/ a play date at our house w/ his best friend (read: 3 hours of uninterrupted video games and ice cream). In exchange, he agreed to give me a short photo shoot.

I *really* wanted to get some nice spring shots, but as my luck would have it, we woke up to a cold front Monday morning and the barefoot in the grass thoughts I had were just not going to happen.

SO ... I switched gears. One of our errands was to pick up lunch to take back to Carlos' office before heading home for the ice cream/video game extravaganza. And next to our favorite lunch spot is this run down old building that I've been itching to use for a shoot. So ... with a quick pilfering of Carlos's hat collection and a short stop for some suspenders, we took off for our shoot.

I felt like the back drop had a bit of a Great Depression era feel to it, so I edited the pictures with that in mind.

If it hadn't been so cold and wet, I think I would have had the boy ditch his shoes to up the street urchin vibe, but for this shoot, sneakers would just have to do.

These were my favorites from the day:





It has since warmed up quite a bit, feeling more like spring break should feel. But I'm thankful for the conditions we had on Monday. It it hadn't been cool, I wouldn't have thought to try out this place. I had fun not only in taking the pictures, but in editing them in a new way as well. I feel like I learned a lot this week.

2 comments:

Sadie March 17, 2011 at 8:50 PM  

I know I have told you before, but I ADORE the first one. Just precious!

Positive Thoughts March 24, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

See the power of positive thinking within you. God bless you.

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP