Friday, January 28, 2011

P52 - Week 4

Another week where I almost didn't make this challenge. *sigh* BUT, despite the last minute rush to snap a few shots, I'm ever so happy to share what I got!

Put your hands together for ... my boy and his Sack Boy:


For those that are unaware ... Sack Boy is the unsuspecting hero in the Little Big Planet video games. My boy is a HUGE LBP/LBP2 fan! In fact, he shelled out his OWN money to purchase the LBP2 Collectors Edition when it was released less than 2 weeks ago.

The collectors edition included more than just the game, it came with a set of LBP book ends and an ever-so-adorable plush Sack Boy. Well, my boy instantly fell in love with his Sack Boy and they have only been separated during school hours and bath time since he emerged from the box. Sack Boy has a place of honor on Logan's bed and I cannot tell you how much it warms my heart to watch him explaining the wonders of the world around him to his little Sack Boy (Sack Boy, this is a keyboard. It looks and sounds like a piano, but is smaller and can even play on its own. Let's dance!).

Every day I'm reminded of how much my boy has grown. Every day he transforms more into the man he'll one day be. Every day he takes a step further away from the baby or the little boy I so cherished. And that's OK. It's how it should be and I don't want it to stop. However, it is nice ... oh, so nice ... when it slows down just a little. Thank you Sack Boy for prolonging this stage of my boy's life, for letting me soak it in that much more.

7 comments:

Anonymous January 29, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

Sweet!

Anonymous January 29, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

Beautiful. Reminds me of my own 6 year old quickly growing up too. I am going to tell him Logan saved HIS OWN money for the collector's edition. I LOVE that! <3

Anonymous January 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM  

So cute...it reminded me of when i was a kid long time ago....

Anonymous January 30, 2011 at 9:50 AM  

None of us are trying to threaten you. We're just telling you that maybe the kid has feelings, ok? I think it's adorable. Ok, so you don't like it - there's no need to express it so meanly. Calm down.

Anonymous January 30, 2011 at 3:39 PM  

That is just awesome. That collectors pack was like $150 dollars. Its amazing how children have such imagination that they can create a friend out of a plush doll they bought with a video game!

Paul February 4, 2011 at 10:16 PM  

LittleBIGPlanet's official Twitter page brought me here. In case you didn't know, it's @LittleBIGPlanet on Twitter.

Now I understand why this story caught their attention. It's a sweet story! May God bless that kid and his family. Hope he never loses the love for LittleBIGPlanet. It's an awesome game. I love it and I'm 21 years old. :)

Our Family February 5, 2011 at 5:43 AM  

Thanks for that info, Paul! I didn't know it had been picked up and all the extra traffic surprised me. :+)

About This Blog

I'm a proud mom of a very active little boy. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity to document the many milestones throughout his life so far. These moments are precious to me. So I grabbed a camera and snapped away. I dabbled a bit in scrapbooking and took some time to learn at least the basics of photography. After all, kids grow so fast and you can't turn back the time.

But as he got old enough for school and team sports, I was so very disappointed in the offerings out there. I'm proud of my All Star in every thing he pours his heart into!

So I picked up a copy of Photoshop and tried my best to create momentos to capture these memories.

I'd love a chance to help you stop time for a moment as well.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP